02 March 2007

The Reality Check is in the Mail

A couple of months ago, after sending my application to the University of Virginia School of Law, I received an e-mail with information on how to log in to their AdmitWeb system to check the status of my application, which I did occasionally at first and more frequently of late. AdmitWeb faithfully reported as my documents and credentials arrived. For the last several weeks, I've glared at the last line as it mutely reported Decision Mailed: Not Yet.

This evening, I received an e-mail message reporting that the status of my application had changed. I let out a little gasp and virtually rushed on over, logged in, and fumbled a bit as I spun the mouse wheel and read the following.

As of 3/2/07, a decision has been made on your application for admission to the University of Virginia School of Law. To protect the confidentiality of your decision, we will not release decision information over the phone. If you have not received your decision within 10 days of this date, please feel free to call the Admissions Office so that we can verify your contact information. If this does not represent a final decision on your application for admission, you will be notified when further decisions are posted on the status monitor later this season.

The decision is on its way. It might just be a notice that I've been put on a waiting list, but it could very well be a no. Or a yes. Who knows? :J

No comments: