20 March 2006

In the beginning...

I've thought for a lot time about creating an on-line journal, the sort of thing that many now call a "Web log" or "blog". I was originally inspired by the well-known Justin's Life, published for many years by one Justin Clouse of Kentucky, Boston, Los Angeles, and San Diego. (BTW, what a cutie, eh? Hairy and smart? Woof!) I kept a journal for many years as a child and teen and thought that publishing such a work on-line was an excellent way to process my thoughts and feelings while letting far-flung friends and family keep up with what's going on in my life.

Problem is, I just never got 'round to doing anything about it. I was paralysed by fear of that crippling disease that seems to befall most bloggers -- apathy, writer's block, ennui. Call it what you will, it's just the dread of the blank page, the anticipation of coming up with something fresh and insightful, the intimidation of knowing that you've built a base of readers (however large or small) who are waiting for you to pour your words of wisdom onto the page so that they might savour your thoughts and ideas, but disappointing them instead.

Today, I decided to no longer give in to that fear, to create my blog, and to just see where this adventure takes me. Wanna come along? :J

No comments: