23 August 2006

Gentrify my Neighborhood... Please!

I read today a great article in The Onion with which I very much identified. Sometimes I Feel Like I'm The Only One Trying To Gentrify This Neighborhood, done in classic Onion style, nearly could've been written about my neighborhood, the West Salem area of Winston-Salem NC. We already have a dog run and a community garden, but there are large swaths quite near to me that you could pick out from their seeming description in this article!

While you're at it, have a look at my favorite Onion article of all time, Rules Grammar Change: English Traditional Replaced To Be New Syntax With from 12 March 1997, which strongly appeals to the linguist in me. A friend also pointed out the me the frighteningly prophetic Bush: 'Our Long National Nightmare Of Peace And Prosperity Is Finally Over' from 17 January 2001. Yikes!

Enjoy! :J

No comments: